Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My new journey starts with Zing Radio


After the dead KnoowMe, I decided to start a new project called Zing Radio. Basically this is just an app that allows user to play Zing Radio (http://mp3.zing.vn/radio) on their Android phone. Sounds simple, but I sense some potential with this idea. So I do it.

It's been three weeks since I first published the Zing Radio app on Google Play Store. Lots of new learnings and experiences and it was darn fun. The old days went back when I worked for 20 hours/day and just stopped for food and natural calls lol. I'm so glad and feel I'm truly lucky I have a passion that I can be wired in.

The app has been downloaded for almost 1800 times.. with an average of 3.6 stars. Not a rocket jump but consider this is the first time I publish an app it's not bad I think. I learn a lot when releasing the app the the wild: user feedbacks are truly valuable but I also learn one more thing: people don't rate your app if they like it. They do when they love it or hate it.

The Android native XmlParser sucks and it caused so many crashes on Android 2.3 (sigh... talking about Android fragmentation) my users so today I made a big move to replace it with the new K2XmlParser. Hopefully it will fix the long-lasting issue.

Next feature: wait for the Zing MP3 API to be approved so user can save their favorite songs. Right now I use a hack to get the data from the website, but there should be an official way.

A mysterious feature is on its way... stay tune!

The app can be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.friends.zingradio

Bye for now, I need to get back to work. I realllyyy need a graphic designer!!

2 comments:

  1. melleure site radio extra je vous ecoute toujoure programe meirveilleuse bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. etre amie de toute les radios jaime beaucou a ecouté

    ReplyDelete